Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gettin' with the Groove...

I can't figure out what's up with my running lately. I just haven't been in the mood at all! I've been walking plenty, but haven't felt like pumping through the hills like I normally do. My poor running sneaks have been tucked away in the closet for 4 days now!

I had to remind myself of why I fell in love with running in the first place. So I came up with this list:
  • Because I'm healthy and able to run and should never--ever--take that for granted.
  • Because it makes me feel confident and strong.
  • Because I like to be able to run up a flight of stairs without being out of breath.
  • Because it's nice to know I can always head out for a long, 1-hr. run if I need to get away for a while.
  • Because it helps me think but not think at the same time.
  • Because I love food. ;-)

So what are your reasons for exercising? And what do you do when motivation runs low?

~~ ~~ ~~

I'm in the gaining weight phase again. If I don't stay on top of things, my weight tends to drop slowly but surely. So I'm planning on remaining strong with strength training, a lil' cardio, and bringing up the pounds. And when I say a 'lil' cardio, I'm referring to anywhere from 10-12 miles run a week. Of course, referring to this week, that would be 0 miles! ha...

Not to worry though. My motivational reminders are going to get me out the door bright and early tomorrow morning, rain or shine! Food science lab was cancelled which gives me time to fit in a nice and early morning workout. Can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment