Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top of the Morning to Ya! Time to go green for St. Patty's Day with a lil' something I call my Going Green Smoothie. :-D

Going Green Smoothie
1 super ripe mango
2 c. spinach
4 ice cubes
a lil' water for thinning
I stuck with the green theme for lunch too...:-D Greens, avocados, broccoli, cucumbers...it all fits!
My Irish Soda Bread came out great! I absolutely loved the rustic taste (and appearance!) of the bread. It was sort of like a mix between a scone and a biscuit, all wrapped up in a cute little cross loaf. I took the recipe from Bon Appetit: http://www.bonappetit.com/magazine/1994/03/irish_soda_bread
Before eating supper, my mom and I headed out for a 5-mile walk. Yes, that's the right temperature. It reached 58 degrees today and felt absolutely wonderful!!

The boiled dinner was boiling...I was starving...everything smelt so heavenly.

My Irish Soda Bread all cut up...I was just a lil' proud of the results. ;) Seriously though, it was such an easy bread to make. No need to wait and let it rise either, which is perfect for an impatient cook like myself.


The boiled dinner was fabulous, and now I'm relaxing. I did get some time in for chemistry, but it's not nearly as much as I know I need to. Somehow I manage to completely shut down over spring break. Happens every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment