Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Eats Part 2

I finally had a productive school day of homework. I'm glad it was rainy and cloudy out. I did fit in a brisk walk, but I wasn't itching to be outside like I normally have been lately. So, sitting down with the chemistry books wasn't so unbearable...;)

Breakfast started with a delicious bowl of hot oats. I haven't been craving them lately, but this morning that's all I wanted. This bowl was made with 1/2 c. oats, 1/2 c. water, 1/2 c. milk, 1 banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. On top I added a T. of crunchy peanut butter (the best part!), and 2 T. cranberry pecan granola. It was a very good bowl of oats...:)

Mid-morning munchies...already 3/4 eaten. Ha...

Lunch was a bowl of vegetable soup and a grilled tomato and cheese sandwich...perfect rainy day meal.

A repeat of yesterday's snack with some raisins added too. I love this filling, crunchy, sweet combo. Hits the spot every time!

This was my quick studying snack...a mix of carrots, peppers and cukes.

I also made a big batch of steel cut oats for the upcoming week. There should be enough for 4 breakfasts here. I made it plain so that I can easily add whatever toppings I'm in the mood for. :)

Hunger hit about an hour before supper...I needed a lil' something to calm the stomach, so I had a chocolate cranberry kashi bar. And they certainly didn't go easy on the chocolate chips...yum!

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Salads!! LOVE these types. They look a lil' odd, but really fill me up and keep my tastebuds guessing. I made a basic bed of greens with tomatoes and cukes, and added 1/2 c. black beans, 1/4 an avacado, some grilled onions, 2 T. hummus, and 3 dill pickles. On the side I had some kashis. :)

Tonight I had a super juicy orange while doing some nutrition homework.

And now I've finally decided I've reached the point of feeling too fried to function. :) So I'm watching some John Adams and blogging. Hopefully this week will be as productive as today was!!
SUNDAY SUM-UP:
Monday: 3-mile/30 min crosstraining at the gym with Nicole
Tuesday: 2-mile speed walk with dad
Wednesday: 4-mile run
Thursday: 3-mile/30 min crosstraining at the gym with Nicole
Friday: 4-mile FUN run!
Saturday: 3-mile walk
Sunday: 3-mile walk
Total: 6-mile cross training at the gym, 8-miles walked + walking around campus, 8-miles ran...I can't wait to decrease my gym time and increase my running mileage again. So ready for summer! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment